Cisco 880 Series Integrated Services Routers are the next generation of fixed-configuration routers that provide collaborative business solutions for secure data communication to small businesses and enterprise teleworkers. The embedded 3G wireless on these routers offers a cost-effective, rapidly deployable, reliable, and secure backup solution. With data rates exceeding T1 speeds, 3G wireless can be used for primary WAN connectivity in locations where wire-line services such as DSL and ISDN are not available or are too expensive to deploy.
In addition to 3G wireless WAN, the Cisco 880G Series offers additional WAN options such as Next-Generation xDSL and Fast Ethernet WAN interface, a 4-port 10/100 Fast Ethernet managed switch with VLAN support and the latest 802.11n WLAN* capability with dual radio. The Cisco 880 Series provides the performance required for concurrent services, including firewall, intrusion prevention, content filtering, and encryption for VPNs; and quality-of-service (QoS) features for optimizing voice and video applications. In addition, Cisco Configuration Professional is a web-based configuration tool that simplifies setup and deployment. Centralized management capabilities give network managers visibility and control of the network configurations at the remote site.
- Integrated 3G WWAN broadband: With the 3G WWAN modem integrated into the router, you gain the benefit of simplified installation and management. In addition, the Cisco 3G WWAN are tightly integrated with Cisco integrated services routers, which run the industry-leading Cisco IOS® Software, giving you access to all the advanced features of Cisco IOS Software such as quality of service (QoS), intelligent network queuing, and robust security.
- Short installation time: Businesses sometimes wait for weeks or months to get data circuits installed at new locations. For temporary or seasonal sites, wireless data services allow instant connectivity anywhere there is cellular coverage, and rapid deployment allows you to quickly set up networks with WAN connectivity.
- Network resiliency through WAN diversity: WAN connectivity is crucial to the functioning of your business, and any downtime means a loss of productivity and lost opportunity. Staying connected and operational during a network outage can be vital. A wireless connection for backup to a remote site provides protection against line outages and an additional level of redundancy because the 3G WWAN infrastructure is often served by separate facilities, providing redundancy for the entire local loop.
- Reduced cost: The emerging 3G WWAN cellular data service plans are competitively priced with existing wireline services (ISDN, DSL, and cable). 3G WWAN solutions also allow you to consolidate your service providers across large geographical areas instead of having service contracts with multiple service providers.
- Portability: Cisco 880 with 3G WWAN can be easily relocate wherever coverage is available.
- Performance: With increasing data usage and the proliferation of web-based applications at remote sites, there is an increasing need for high-speed (broadband) data connections to run mission-critical applications at these sites. 3G WWAN services promise low-latency links at speeds approaching T1 connections, allowing you to send and receive more mission-critical data across the WAN in backup scenarios.